S, M, L or XL? One Size Does Not Fit All
When it comes to floral and event design in the Palm Springs area,
Madison Workshop West knows
- We can create a simple flower arrangement that says “thinking of you”
- Or a custom designed tablescape for that special dinner party
- An intimate wedding celebration
- Unique bridal flower arrangements
- Or a “WOW” inspiring blow out for your 300 closest friends – designed top-to-bottom
It’s all about you! That floral arrangement you send. That special event you plan. It’s all a reflection of you… your style, your taste. Selecting the right floral designer to listen and help you express your vision is key.
Madison Workshop West is so much more than a flower whop - we are your design partner, your event consultant, your personal concierge.
We create practical magic for you.
Madison Workshop West, Floral and Event Design for the Palm Springs Valley
In 1999, after more than 20 years in Manhattan, David Madison traded penthouses for palm trees and made the big move to the California desert. It was then that he established Madison Workshop West, floral and event design, in the Coachella Valley.
“There is an architectural elegance and simplicity to the desert landscape, which reflects even in the structure, texture and colors of the desert flora.”
The famous New Year’s Eve party hosted by Ambassador and Mrs. Walter Annenberg, at their desert retreat, Sunnylands, was one of David’s first California events. Quickly, word of mouth opened many doors for Madison Workshop West. Hard work, creativity, and an ever-evolving roster of premium suppliers have all contributed to Madison Workshop West’s great success. Inspired by the bold elements in and around the desert, David has fused his sense of urban opulence with a new found appreciation for what he calls his “Desert Style”.
A well-known horticulturist, David Madison began his floral career as an instructor of botany at Hunter College in Manhattan. Passionate about orchids, he cultivated one of the largest and most widely acclaimed private collections in New York. Growing orchids for an appreciative private and corporate clientele was a natural launching pad for what became an award winning floral business in New York City, where he catered to a discerning audience for 25 years.
The California Desert: Love at First Sight
Of the many places David has visited around the world, he found the California desert to be a “love at first sight” experience. The stark minimalism, subtle palette, and textural contrasts have had a strong influence on David’s ever evolving sense of aesthetic.
Working from a unique design studio, in Palm Desert, CA, David Madison is available by appointment to show his portfolio and to discuss design possibilities for a wide range of residential and business needs. David also lectures and writes on a variety of floral and horticultural topics – always presenting his subject in a captivating and unique way.
Own Your Event
Our dynamic flower designs are meant to WOW! They will reflect your sense of the occasion, be it emotional….cool….or elegant. We are your perfect partner in event planning – guiding you to just the right linens or imagining a total look. Perhaps your event just needs a bit of creative help or maybe you are looking for a top-to-bottom design. We’ll help you realize that vision. Plus, we can connect you with our carefully selected event associates. You can rely on Madison Workshop West to deliver your event: On time, On vision, On budget.
Don't order your flowers from just any flower shop! David personally puts together every flower bouquet and arrangement, ensuring a personal touch and designer flair to your gift of flowers.
- Local flower delivery (and gift baskets) throughout the Palm Springs Valley
(Indio, La Quinta, Indian Wells, Palm Desert, Rancho Mirage, Cathedral City and Palm Springs)
- Residential floral design and tablescapes, using our own extensive inventory of containers and props and/or client’s own – “We love to shop in your closet”.
- Interior and exterior container plantings and “gardens”, featuring succulents, orchids, bromeliads, and other unique and exotic plants.
- Plant Maintenance.
- Bridal flower arrangements
- Delivery of custom arrangements worldwide, through membership in an exclusive network of florists.
Floral, Flower Arrangements, Flower Delivery, Bridal Bouquets, Floral Design, Special Events, Event Design, Tabletop Decor, Gift Baskets, Plant Maintenance
- Eldorado Country Club
- The Vintage Club
- The Madison Club
- The Miramonte Resort And Spa
- Indian Wells Resort And Spa
- The Springs Country Club
- Morningside Country Club
- Tamarisk Country Club
- Palm Springs Art Museum Day In The Garden
- Palm Springs Art Museum Art In Bloom
- Agua Caliente Cultural Museum Dinner In The Canyons
- Young Presidents Organization Annual dinner
- College Of The Desert Annual Alumni Luncheon
- World President’s Organization Holiday Gala
- Oregon State University Annual Awards Dinner
- BNP Tennis Open @ The Indian Wells Tennis Garden
- McCallum Theater One Night Only Gala
- Palm Springs Annual Film Festival Opening Night
- University of Oregon Annual Dinner Dance
- Ambassador and Mrs. Walter Annenberg New Year’s Eve Gala @ Sunnylands
- Tamarisk Country Club April In Paris
- Palm Springs Food And Wine Festival
- Jewish Family Service Annual Dinner Dance
- Heather James Gallery Monet Gala
- Inland Empire Annual Dinner Dance
- Palm Springs Life Weddings
- Exquisite Weddings Magazine Photo Shoot “Desert Chic”
"Dear David, I cannot put into words how completely blown away George and I (and everyone else at the wedding) were when we saw our venue the day of the wedding. I spent well over a year planning this event, and never once did I imagine it would look so beautiful. I knew I wanted an elegant, ethereal, magical wedding that highlighted the natural beauty of the desert. I also wanted our guests to come away with a better sense of who George and I are as individuals and as a couple. I think we accomplished all of it, but it wouldn't have happened without your talent and inspiration.
I also have to thank you for the role you played in reducing my stress levels. I hoped to find someone I could trust so completely that if I had to stop participating in the planning process, the wedding would turn out exactly as I wanted it. You were that person for me.
So, many thanks for many reasons. Love, Jodi and George"
“Thank you for the beautiful and extravagant arrangement you sent us. Madison Workshop West is the best in the valley, and their designs are always exquisite.” - BK
“Thanks to your amazing artistry, the dinner party was a smashing success. Your flowers were definitely the highlight of the evening. Thank you so much for your generosity and talent.” - DD
“Thank you for making our wedding so special. All of the flowers were elegantly spectacular! Thank you for a wonderful job!”- Y&D
“Thank you so much for the beautiful floral arrangements for our wedding. All of them captured our vision perfectly! We wish all the best for you and your business in the future.” - A&C
“Hi David, We were so happy with how our day turned out, even with the wind. I was wowed by my bouquet and all the flowers and decorations you created!!! So were our guests!!!. I couldn’t be happier”- T&A
“David, I just wanted to thank you for everything you did to make our wedding day incredibly special. You are such a talented man – you truly just “get it”. You understood my vision immediately and delivered exactly what I asked for, and then some. Thank you for your patience with me and for never making me feel like I was a bother. The flowers were beautiful and classy, everyone commented on them…I heard words like, unique, stunning, gorgeous, who did these? You have a great sense of humor, are very accommodating, and very patient. Thank you for your willingness to work with me on price, and helping me stay on budget.” - R&D
Madison Workshop West
73812 Dinah Shore Drive
Palm Desert, Ca 92211
760 770 7265
fx 760 770 7266
If you're looking for a florist that is way more than a flower shop, you've come to the right place. Sign up to be notified about our specials and events!